This updated third edition of the best-selling gardening book in North America continues to inspire with planting charts, growing tips, and the know-how you need to grow more veggies than ever before.
Since Square Foot Gardening was first introduced by Mel Bartholomew in 1981, this revolutionary way to grow vegetables has helped millions of home gardeners enjoy their own organic, fresh produce in less space and with less work than traditional row gardens.
New and experienced gardeners will love the charts, photos, illustrations, and how-to tips in All New Square Foot Gardening, 3rd Edition—including 42 veggie-specific planting, growing, and harvesting guides—that make growing your own food fun, easy, and productive.
Perfect for experienced gardeners or beginners, you’ll learn the three simple steps to Square Foot Gardening: build a box; fill it with Mel’s Mix™; add a grid. No digging, no tilling, no fertilizing, no guesswork—less watering, waste, and weeding! There’s so much more packed in this 272-page instructional book—boost your organic vegetable harvest with inspiring how-tos such as:
• Adding trellises and archways to grow up and maximize your space
• Installing automatic watering systems
• Growing vegetables in dense urban areas with little or no yard
• Feeding your veggies the organic way with Mel’s Mix™
• Teaching STEM to kids with Square Foot Gardening—perfect for little hands
• Protecting your plants with shade and frost covers
• Managing pests in the garden with natural methods
Join the millions of gardeners around the world who grow their own organic, fresh produce with Square Foot Gardening, and make next season your best veggie harvest ever.
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.