Discover the heart of Berlin on your next visit. Find the best spots, must-sees and restaurants off the beaten path. This local guide to Berlin encapsulates all this German city’s hidden gems — from vintage shopping and street art to flea markets in Kreuzberg and secret speakeasies.
This travel guide to Berlin includes:
• Two-color, bold, modern design with contemporary illustrations throughout
• Narrative style throughout, making the local, personal voice central to every entry
• Structured by six themes and subsequent sub-themes, rather than areas, to echo how people are traveling, rather than where. Themes include Eat, Drink, Shop and more!
• Each entry includes its unique address so readers can pinpoint precisely where they are heading
• Each theme ends with a tour spread, dedicated to a specific interest or experience. For example, “An Arab Foodie Tour through Neukölln” and “A Record Store Trail through Kreuzkölln”
• Created keeping in mind readers traveling in a post-Covid world
Home to legendary street food, idyllic swimming lakes and a clubbing scene like no other,
this vibrant city is endlessly enticing. But it’s not all about the Reichstag and the East Side
Gallery. Beyond the well-trodden sights there’s a secret side of the city — and who better
to guide you to it than the locals?
Linger over a drink at the city’s oldest beer garden, ponder avant-garde art in Mitte’s underground galleries or dance the night away, this Berlin guidebook will help you find all the local’s favorite hangout spots and hidden haunts.
From New York and London to Paris and Tokyo, there are more places to discover with these niche local guides! Written by the people who call it home, theLike A Localseries from DK takes you beyond the tourist track to experience the heart and soul of each city!
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.