Dancing Shapes provides an inside gorgeous glimpse into one ballerina’s journey. Konora, whose career has been sidelined by COVID-19, leads readers through warm-up steps, a basic ballet technique lesson, and an exploration of movement and form.
With more than fifty poses to contemplate or re-create, aspiring young dancers:
• learn basic ballet technique and vocabulary
• develop an eye for detail
• explore movement concepts
• increase body awareness
• strengthen spatial perception and balance
• celebrate gratitude, the value of practice, and making healthy choices
What Moms and Dads Said:
Gorgeous! Inspirational! Dancing girls alllllll over my backyard!!!
…while looking at the cover with all those poses said, “I can do that one. I can’t do that one. I can do that one. I can’t do that one…” Then she started trying them. The pictures alone inspired her…
As soon as we read something like, “Can you try…” she would hop right up and try it…
[This 11-year old] thought it was easy to follow and liked all the interesting shape pictures, she liked that there were “challenges” to try…
Dancing Shapes has won several awards:
• 2021 Independent Press Award WINNER
• 2021 15th Annual National Indie Excellence® Awards Finalist
• 2021 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Finalist
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.