Home to winding cobblestoned streets, sprawling leafy parks, and an art scene like no other — traveling to Edinburgh is endlessly enticing.
This insider’s travel guide is packed with recommendations and tips from Edinburgers in the know, ensuring an authentic experience of this idyllic city, off the tourist track.
It’s not all about Edinburgh Castle and the National Museums. Beyond the well-trodden sights, there’s a secret side of the city. This travel guide to Edinburgh includes:
• Two-color, bold modern design with contemporary illustrations throughout
• Authors are true locals and have been picked for having their fingers on the pulse and their diverse tastes. Their suggestions and advice sit alongside quotes from Edinburgh creatives, performers, volunteers and business leaders to give the book a local feel
• Narrative style throughout, making the local, personal voice central to every entry
• Structured by six themes and subsequent sub-themes: Eat, Drink, Shop, Art and Culture, Nightlife, and Outdoors
• Each entry includes its unique address so readers can pinpoint precisely where they are heading
• Each theme ends with a tour spread, dedicated to a specific interest or experience. For example, A Literary Tour of Edinburgh Old Town or A Foodie Tour of Leith Walk
Whether you’re a local wanting to explore your home town or a seasoned traveler looking for your next adventure, this beautiful Edinburgh travel guide will uncover a world of favorite hangout spots and hidden gems. Enjoy the banter at an old-school Leith boozer, brace yourself for a chilly dip at Portobello beach and browse indie boutiques that champion up-and-coming Scottish design in the elegant Georgian streets of the city’s well-to-do West End.
You’ll find secret spots that only a local would know, hands-on experiences, and ideas for traveling solo, in a pair, or in a crowd. There’s even a directory listing online resources dedicated to health and safety, accessibility, and places of worship as well as tips on how to travel sensibly in a post-Covid world without compromising on experience. Toss the usual tourist “tick-list”, and plan a trip to Edinburgh that you’ll never forget!
From New York and London to Paris and Amsterdam, there are more places to discover with these niche local guides! Written by the people who call it home, the Like A Localseries from DK takes you beyond the tourist track to experience the heart and soul of each city!
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.