Your comprehensive handbook to successful welding!
- Learn hands-on welding to start repairing and creating metal equipment and structures
- Over 400 step-by-step photos of welding processes and the differences between good and bad welds
- Detailed sections describing specific types of welds, equipment, common faults, troubleshooting, and more
- All major types of welds are covered, including arc, MIG, gas, TIG, and plasma cutting
- Avoid common mistakes and correct them, with welding problems laid out section by section along with solutions
- Tips and suggestions help beginners improve and intermediate operators broaden their technique
- Go beyond metal with advice that extends into the wider workshop such as on drills, cutting threads, and basic blacksmithing
Welding is a valuable skill and almost anyone can learn to weld, cut, or shape metal. That’s the starting point for this completely updated, supremely practical, and informative resource which, through tips, suggestions, and fault finding, helps the first timer improve and the intermediate welder expand their technique.
The detailed sections inside Farm and Workshop Welding describe all the major types of welds, beginning with basic practices then progressing into trickier methods. You’ll find descriptive explanations, helpful visuals, step-by-step directions, and expert suggestions. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know, from arc welding, TIG welding, MIG welding, and gas welding to plasma cutting, soldering, and welding plastic.
The ideal reference for the farm, home workshop, school workshop, blacksmith shop, or auto shop, this book takes you beyond welding metals and plastics to advice that extends into the wider workshop with chapters on drills, cutting threads, and basic blacksmithing. Author and experienced welding instructor Andrew Pearce gets you started with tips and suggestions, lays out pitfalls and common mistakes section by section, and then offers constructive advice to help you to avoid or correct them. Useful if you’re stumped by a problem!
More than 400 photographs and illustrations demonstrate welding processes and show the differences between good welds and bad welds. Clear, concise, easy-to-read text gets straight to the point, taking any confusion or frustration out of learning the processes. This Third Revised Edition contains new chapters on general welding skills and understanding metals, expanded information on abrasives, and a bonus section of four step-by-step projects and plans featuring accessories like a DIY steel table, fire pit, and welding cart.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or an experienced welder who wants to learn more, Farm and Workshop Welding provides a wealth of useful shop-tested advice. Discover everything you need to know to learn hands-on welding, and start repairing and creating metal equipment and structures, with practical instructions for:
- Cast Iron Welding
- Pipe Welding
- Welding Plastics
- Metal Identification
- Welding Safety
- Workshop Techniques
- Drill Sharpening
- Taps and Dies
- Basic Blacksmithing
From the farm to the workshop, this is your go-to guide to welding!
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.