Just as people change, so too does fashion. That’s why it’s so important to recognize newer teaching methods that will help you keep up with fashion trends and the ever-changing world of style. This latest edition of Fashion Design Course helps aspiring fashion designers learn about the fashion industry in a clear and practical manner. Starting with a brief introduction to the history of fashion and ending with real-world advice on obtaining a job in the fashion industry, in-between you will learn:
- How the digital age impacts education and the design process from research to the finished product
- Customer Profiles: demographics, psychographics, the role of advertising, and more
- Creating a unique vision with help from ethnographic research, design considerations, iconic films and their impact on fashion design, and developing a fabric story
- Cultivating your design collection through process and investigation while using Mood Boards, Garment Construction, sewing and fabric considerations, and more
- Producing your own collections with individual hands-on exercises based on frequently used concepts for building collections including Shipping Reports, Ethnic Backgrounds, 3D/2D, Concept to Runway, Shifts in Fashion, Accessories, and more
- Strategies and tips that will help you transition from coursework to a career in fashion including tips on resumes, interviewing, portfolio presentation, and more
This updated book reflects the latest information in fashion design and development and is an ideal introduction for students, dressmakers, and anyone interested in the creative side of the fashion industry. Discover the new talent, new avenues of inspiration, and new outcomes that are now possible with a degree in fashion design.
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.