In the implementation of DevOps processes, the choice of tools is crucial to the sustainability of projects and collaboration between developers and ops. This book presents the different patterns and tools for provisioning and configuring an infrastructure in the cloud, covering mostly open source tools with a large community contribution, such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer, which are assets for automation.
This DevOps book will show you how to containerize your applications with Docker and Kubernetes and walk you through the construction of DevOps pipelines in Jenkins as well as Azure pipelines before covering the tools and importance of testing. You’ll find a complete chapter on DevOps practices and tooling for open source projects before getting to grips with security integration in DevOps using Inspec, Hashicorp Vault, and Azure Secure DevOps kit. You’ll also learn about the reduction of downtime with blue-green deployment and feature flags techniques before finally covering common DevOps best practices for all your projects.
By the end of this book, you’ll have built a solid foundation in DevOps and developed the skills necessary to enhance a traditional software delivery process using modern software delivery tools and techniques.
What you will learn
▪ Understand the basics of infrastructure as code patterns and practices
▪ Get an overview of Git command and Git flow
▪ Install and write Packer, Terraform, and Ansible code for provisioning and configuring cloud infrastructure based on Azure examples
▪ Use Vagrant to create a local development environment
▪ Containerize applications with Docker and Kubernetes
▪ Apply DevSecOps for testing compliance and securing DevOps infrastructure
▪ Build DevOps CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, Azure Pipelines, and GitLab CI
▪ Explore blue-green deployment and DevOps practices for open sources projects
Who this book is for
If you are an application developer or a system administrator interested in understanding continuous integration, continuous delivery, and containerization with DevOps tools and techniques, this book is for you. Knowledge of DevOps fundamentals and Git principles is required.
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.