This full-color introduction to the smart home has been written from the ground up with one audience in mind: seniors. No ordinary “beginner’s book,”My Smart Home for Seniorsapproaches every topic from a 50+ person’s point of view, using meaningful, realistic examples.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks–in legible print–walk you through making your home safer and easier to live in using smart technology. Learn how to:
• Control your home’s lighting with smart bulbs and switches
• Make your home more secure with smart doorbells, door locks, and security cameras
• Automatically control your home’s temperature with a smart thermostat
• Make cooking and cleaning easier with smart appliances
• Use voice commands or your smart phone to control your smart devices
• Use If This Then That (IFTTT) to make your smart devices interact with each other automatically
• Get smart about the security and privacy concerns of smart devices
• Set up your smart devices and get them to work with one another
• Compare and select the best smart hub for your smart home needs
• Learn to use Amazon Alexa™, Google Home™ and other voice-activated devices, as well as Apple’s HomeKit™ on the iPhone, to make your smart devices work together
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.