If you’re a first time visitor or familiar already, this guide will help you uncover an authentic local experience like no other. There’s something for everyone, no matter what your test, and a host of secrets and tips that will help you experience NYC like a local
This one-of-a-kind travel guide to New York includes:
• Two-color, bold modern design with contemporary illustrations throughout
• Narrative style throughout, making the local, personal voice central to every entry
• Structured by six themes and subsequent sub-themes, rather than areas, to echo how people are traveling, rather than where. Themes include Eat, Drink, Shop, and more!
• Each entry includes its unique address so readers can pinpoint precisely where they are heading
• Each theme ends with a tour spread, dedicated to a specific interest or experience. For example, “A Night Out in Greenwich Village” and “Thrifting in Williamsburg”
• Created keeping in mind readers traveling in a post-Covid world
Discover the best of the Big Apple
Soaring skyscrapers, iconic museums, world-renowned parks, and a foodie scene like no other, New York is a city with something for everyone! The Empire State Building, Met Museum, and so many more incredible sights known across New York and the world are just waiting for you, and who better to give you the low-down on where to go than the locals?
From the best brunch spots and dive bars to the ultimate thrift stores and off-Broadway shows, this New York guidebook will help you find all the local’s favorite hangout spots and hidden haunts. Canoe along Brooklyn’s Gowanus Canal, browse long-standing record stores in the East Village, and while away an evening at an Upper East Side wine bar.
More in the series
From Paris and London to San Francisco and Tokyo, there are more places to discover with these niche local guides! Written by the people who call it home, the Like A Local series from DK takes you beyond the tourist track to experience the heart and soul of each city!
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.