Updated to include information on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, including the 20% pass-through deduction available to SMLLC owners
Single-member LLCs are the new business entity of choice for small businesses with one owner. Easy to form and operate, Single Member LLCs combine some of the most desirable features of older, more traditional business structures like corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. With a Single Member LLC, you get personal liability protection, pass-through taxation, and flexibility of management.
This book provides an overview of everything you need to know about Single Member LLCs, including:
- what forms and documents you need to create an SMLLC
- how to initially fund an SMLLC
- what your options are for managing an SMLLC
- how to prepare taxes for an SMLLC
- what kinds of records you need to maintain for your SMLLC, and
- liability issues specific to SMLLCs.Nolo’s Guide to Single-Member LLCs has all the essential information you need to decide whether an SMLLC is the right choice for your business. The book includes a sample operating agreement and written consent forms as well as tips and examples throughout to help clarify the most important points.
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.