The bestselling guide to holding steady through the stock market’s highs, lows, and stable stretches
When you decide to jump into the stock market, there’s a lot to know. Stock Investing For Dummies covers the factual and emotional aspects of putting your money into stocks. In clear, easy-to-understand language, this book explains the numbers behind the stocks, the different categories of stocks, and strategies for building a solid portfolio. On the flip side, it also addresses the emotional aspects of investing: setting goals, knowing when to sell, and balancing risk vs. return.For nearly a century, the well-to-do have been building their wealth by investing in stocks. Here’s your opportunity to do the same. The sooner you start investing, the sooner you’ll see your money grow. Make that a reality by discovering:
- Approaches for investing for income or growth
- Steps for evaluating your financial health, setting financial goals, and funding your first purchases
- How to read stock tables and pull information out of stock charts
- What to look for on balance sheets, income statements, and annual reports to choose strong performers
- Advice for minimizing losses and maximizing gains
- Tax implications and how to reduce their impact on your earnings
- Suggestions on what to do and buy in a down market
Put all of this information together, and you have a straightforward resource that helps you build and manage a portfolio that will serve you well for years to come. Stock Investing For Dummies gives you the confidence you need to send your portfolio soaring!
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.