Multiple award-winning book on reading and spelling education that will transform how you think about English!
- Do you know a student who is good at math or science but struggles with reading or spelling?
- Has a student ever asked you a question about English spelling to which you replied, “That’s an exception”?
- Have you ever abandoned a word while writing because spell check didn’t recognize it?
Discover this revolutionary method that Dr. Temple Grandin called “really helpful for teaching reading to children who are mathematical pattern thinkers…”
Predominant reading methods require students to break the complex code of English without help. This has resulted in low literacy rates and explains why many highly educated professionals cannot spell. By revealing the logical patterns underlying 98% of English words, Uncovering the Logic of English eliminates the need to guess and provides a logical solution to English spelling.
Simple answers are given for questions such as:
- Why is there a silent final E in have?
- Why don’t we drop the E in noticeable?
- Why is discussion spelled with -sion rather than -tion?
As the rules unfold it becomes apparent how this knowledge is vital to reversing the educational crisis that is plaguing America. This slim volume is easy to read and accessible to parents and classroom teachers. A thorough appendix summarizes the most important concepts for quick reference.
Enjoyed this book? Then be sure to check out our other books on BooksNavigation.